Mother Nature can often be the wild card relative when it comes to outdoor photo sessions. Let's make sure she does not cause too much of a disruption for what should be a stress-free event.
I pay close attention to the weather each day. If the forecast is questionable, I'll confirm with you the night before your morning session, and the morning before evening sessions.
However, if weather is unfavorable for your scheduled time, your options are as follows:
- Choose a different start time. Please leave the day of your session as free as possible to allow for any changes. I have found that most "rainy days", especially at the beach, turn out to be a mix of sun and rain. We may be able to move you to a better time slot.
- Move the session to your home. Incorporating the comfort of your home puts everyone at ease. Classic family portraits can be taken on a couch, with pretty window light, or in a comfortable bed. We can also take photos in the kitchen making cookies, in the living room playing a game or reading a book.
- Move to a different, more protected location. I have some local areas that have worked well on rainy days and you are welcome to make your own suggestions.
- Work with the rain. Some of the most fun photos have been taken in the rain. Adding rain boots and umbrellas can add striking pops of color.
- Reschedule. This option is subject to my availability. Unfortunately, better weather is still not guaranteed.
Thank you! Your understanding and flexibility is greatly appreciated.